|Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Eleventh Worcester|
Polito is an attorney. She served as Commissioner of the Massachusetts State Lottery from 1999-2000, was a Shrewsbury Town Meeting Member from 1993-2000, and Shrewsbury Selectman from 1995-1998.
She is a member of the Corridor Nine Chamber of Commerce, Shrewsbury Education Foundation, Shrewsbury League of Women Voters, University of Massachusetts Memorial Foundation Board of Directors, and the Worcester County Bar Association.
- Ways and Means
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Joint Committee
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee
- Labor and Workforce Development Joint Committee
Polito ran for election to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts. Polito was uncontested for the Republican nomination in the primary on September 9, 2014. She and gubernatorial running mate Charles D. Baker faced the Democratic ticket of Martha Coakley and Steve Kerrigan and three Independent tickets in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, 2014|
|Republican||Charles D. Baker/Karyn Polito||48.4%||1,044,573|
|Democratic||Martha Coakley/Steve Kerrigan||46.5%||1,004,408|
|United Independent||Evan Falchuk/Angus Jennings||3.3%||71,814|
|Independent||Scott Lively/Shelly Saunders||0.9%||19,378|
|Independent||Jeffrey McCormick/Tracy Post||0.8%||16,295|
|Election Results via Massachusetts Secretary of State.|
Polito did not run for re-election in 2010.
Polito raised $110,247 for her campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Eleventh Worcester (2008)|
|Karyn E. Polito (R)||17,241|
Polito raised $110,247 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Joseph J. Cariglia||$750|
|Joseph A. Polito Jr.||$700|
|Michael D. Cimini||$600|
|John G. Preston||$550|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karyn + Polito + Massachusetts + Lieutenant Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Karyn Polito
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Karyn Polito's 2010 campaign website
- Karyn Polito on Facebook
- Karyn Polito on Twitter
- Karyn Polito's YouTube Channel
- Boston.com, Charlie Baker names Karyn Polito as his running mate - See more at: http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2013/12/03/baker-name-polito-his-running-mate/upzxxdxynXJx6scb1Zt6YP/story.html#sthash.rua3LHht.dpuf, December 3, 2013
- MetroWest Daily News, "Rep. Karyn Polito to run for state treasurer," March 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Polito
- Karyn Polito for Lieutenant Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed December 31, 2013
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2008 - General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Worcester 11
| Succeeded by|
Matthew Beaton (R)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |