|Idaho State Senate District 18|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Kelly graduated from Boise State University with her Bachelor's degree in Management Development, and also graduated with her law degree from the University of Utah College of Law. Kelly also graduated from the Idaho College of Mines.
In addition to being a Senator, Kelly worked for Boise Cascade. Kelly was formerly an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Idaho and was manager for the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality.
Kelly was a member of these committees:
On November 4, 2008, Democrat Kate Kelly won re-election to the Idaho State Senate, District 18 receiving 59.5% of the vote (11,432 votes), ahead of Republican Dean E. Sorensen who received 40.5% of the vote(7,797 votes).
|Idaho State Senate, District 18 (2008)|
|Kate Kelly (D)||11,432||59.5%|
|Dean E. Sorensen (R)||7,797||40.5%|
In 2008, Kelly collected $79,077 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Education Association||$2,000|
|Idaho Power Co.||$2,000|
|Idaho Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
Kelly represented Idaho Senate District 18. District 18 includes Ada County which represents the Greater Boise area.
Kelly has three children and resides in Boise, Idaho.
- In 2008, Kelly's general election challenger was Dean Sorensen. She won with 59.5% of the vote.
- In 2006, Kelly's general election challenger was Brad Bolicek. She won with 63.01% of the vote.
- In 2004, Kelly's general election challenger was Dave Baumann. She won with 54.9% of the vote.
- Sen. Kelly's website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Spokane Spokesman, "Stennett, Malepeai to miss session kickoff," January 17, 2009
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Kelly Campaign Donors
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
- 2008 legislative election results
- 2006 election results
- 2004 election results
Sheila A. Sorensen
|Idaho Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|