|Illinois House of Representatives District 79|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Ball State University, 1976|
|Master's||National College of Education, 1984|
|Profession||Teacher, Small Business Owner|
Cloonen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs
- Excerpt: "Kate started her own small business and knows what it means to create jobs. She will work to promote our region as a great place to do business, passing legislation that helps businesses put people back to work and revitalize our economy."
- Making Legislators Take a Pay Cut
- Excerpt: "Helping to get Illinois back on the right track requires doing the right thing. At a time of economic challenges, Kate will not only make state legislators take a pay cut, she’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "To rein in spending and make government pay its bills, Kate will reform Illinois’ budget process and help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend taxpayer dollars wisely."
- A Strong Voice for Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "Our Second Amendment rights are a way of life in our communities. As an advocate for law-abiding gun owners, Kate will continue to fight for our rights and work to bring concealed carry to Illinois."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cloonen served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• State Government Administration|
Cloonen won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 79. Cloonen was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Glenn Nixon (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 79, General Election, 2012|
Cloonen has a husband, Gary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Katherine + Cloonen + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Editorial: The obstructionists, Part 4 - Chicago Tribune
- Rezin: Lack of pension reform overshadows successes - Morris Daily Herald
- Cloonen voices her support for school funding - Morris Daily Herald
- Not dead: State takes control of 3rd Chicagoland airport - Kankakee Daily Journal
- Governor Quinn praises SB 26, increasing health care access for all in Illinois - Examiner.com
- Cullerton, Quinn might hold up concealed carry - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- Medical marijuana a split decision among area legislators - Kankakee Daily Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Katherine Cloonen, accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Katherine Cloonen," accessed October 21, 2012
Lisa M. Dugan (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |