Kathleen A. Marchione
|New York State Senate District 43|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$172/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Saratoga County Clerk|
Marchione previously served as Saratoga County Clerk. She also served as Halfmoon Town Clerk and Halfmoon Town Supervisor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Marchione served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation|
|• Local Government|
|• Racing, Gaming and Wagering|
On her campaign website, Marchione highlighted five main issues of her campaign:
- Lowering Taxes: "the goal of anyone serving in the state legislature must be to lower taxes, not just cap them. Kathy supports ending the unfunded mandates that have given us some of the highest property taxes in the United States and making real reforms to large spending programs like Medicaid."
- Letting the Economy Grow: "As senator, Kathy will call for a moratorium on all new regulations and a review of those already in place. Kathy also supports limiting the amount of time that state agencies have to give up-or-down approval on projects."
- Integrity: "Our current state senator has broken a number of campaign promises, flip-flopped on critical issues and continues to mislead voters about his record of raising taxes. As senator, Kathy will be a consistent voice in Albany. You’ll always know where she stands because she has the integrity to tell you."
- Protecting Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms: "Kathy opposes any measure that will compromise our God-given right to keep and bear arms, including microstamping."
- Paying Attention to Smaller Communities: "Every community deserves a senator who will respond to their needs. If elected, Kathy pledges to visit every single city and town in the district at least once during her first term."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Marchione ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 43. She defeated incumbent Roy J. McDonald in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012, and defeated Edward J. Gilbert in the Conservative Party primary. According to unofficial results, Marchione led McDonald by a small margin. The race came down to absentee ballots.
|New York State Senate, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathleen A. Marchione||47.2%||60,856|
|New York State Senate, District 43 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Roy McDonald Incumbent||49.7%||7,240|
|New York State Senate, District 43 Conservative Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kathleen Marchione is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kathleen Marchione raised a total of $563,334 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Kathleen Marchione's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Senate, District 43||$563,334|
|Grand Total Raised||$563,334|
2012Kathleen Marchione won election to the New York State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kathleen Marchione raised a total of $563,334.
|New York State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen A. Marchione's campaign in 2012|
|New York State Senate Republican Campaign Cmte||$160,000|
|Fieler, Sean M||$16,800|
|Tanski, Bruce C||$16,500|
|Mcgregor Village Apartments||$16,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$563,334|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Marchione and her husband Frank have two children and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Marchione + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New York State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Kathleen Marchione for Senate, "About," accessed August 30, 2012
- Kathleen Marchione for Senate, "On the Issues," accessed August 30, 2012
- Times Union, "McDonald-Marchione a squeaker," September 14, 2012
- Chicago Tribune, "NY state senator loses election after backing gay marriage," September 25, 2012
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List, accessed August 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Sharer, William" accessed September 23, 2013
Roy McDonald (R)
|New York State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|