Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Evans worked in accounting and finance for 25 years. During this time, she worked as Controller/Chief Financial Officer for various private companies. She is currently a business owner.
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Evans' website listed the following themes:
- Economy, Employment, and Taxation
- Excerpt: "One of the biggest challenges we face in this state is the rising unemployment. Right now, we’re at 12% unemployment. All of us know someone who is out of work."
- Excerpt: "I believe in our children. I believe that if we raise the standards for our children, they will not only meet those standards, but exceed them. Our children are forced to be in a school system that can’t even teach our children to read while asking for more money."
- Second Amendment Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "Gun control laws do not diminish crime because crimes are not committed by guns - they are committed by criminals. "
- Eminent Domain
- Excerpt: "Eminent domain has been subject to widespread abuse in California. There is a type of eminent domain that threatens every person in California and throughout the nation."
- California State Rights
- Excerpt: "The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
- Kathleen Evans' campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California