|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 35|
|January 6, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|South Kingstown Town Council|
|Bachelor's||Providence College (1987)|
|Profession||Marketing Manager, Bayada Home Healthcare|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Fogarty served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health, Education and Welfare|
|• Municipal Government|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Kathleen Fogarty defeated incumbent Spencer Dickinson in the Democratic primary, while Lacey McGreevy was unopposed in the Republican primary. Fogarty defeated McGreevy in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2014|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Spencer Dickinson Incumbent||48.7%||638|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Spencer Dickinson Incumbent||52.8%||514|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Fogarty and her husband, Brendan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kathleen + Fogarty + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Kathleen Fogarty on Facebook
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 11, 2012
- Kathy35sk, "About Kathy," accessed August 20, 2012
Spencer Dickinson (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 35
January 6, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|