|Montana House of Representatives, District 65|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||U.C. Berkeley, 1983|
|Master's||Colorado State University, 1990|
|Birthday||February 16, 1961|
Williams earned her B.S. in Resource Economics from U.C. Berkeley in 1983, and her M.S. in Recreation Resources from Colorado State University in 1990. Her professional experience includes working as the executive director at Instream Flow Council; owner and manager at Jetway Geographer LLC.; owner of Lizzie the Lab; water resources program manager at the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks; research analyst at Legislative Environmental Policy Office, Montana Legislature; conservation planner at Oregon Trout; river and recreation planner at the U.S. Forest Service; and project manager and economist at ESA/LSA Associates.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Vice Chair|
|• Natural Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
Williams' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Expand and diversify our economy
- Ensure a strong public education system and affordable tuition
- Assure health care works for Montanans
- Build a balanced budget that meets our basic needs, protects the vulnerable, and invests in our future
- Advance civil dialogue and our shared sense of community, and
- Protect clean air and water and access to rivers and streams
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. District 65 incumbent Kathleen Williams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nick Mahan was unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Alan Redfield (R) is running in District 59. Billie Love (R) filed to run, but was removed from the ballot before the primary.
Williams won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 65. Williams ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Nick Mahan (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kathleen Williams Incumbent||69.9%||2,298|
On November 2, 2010, Williams won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Williams defeated Bethany Letiecq in the June 8 primary 255-164. She faced Nick Mahan (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 65 General Election (2010)|
|Kathleen Williams (D)||1,288|
|Nick Mahan (R)||665|
Comprehensive donor information for Williams is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Williams raised a total of $19,716 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Kathleen Williams's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 65||$8,054|
|2010||Montana House, District 65||$11,662|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,716|
2012Williams won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Williams raised a total of $8,054.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen Williams's campaign in 2012|
|Turner, W. Thomas||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,054|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Williams was up for re-election, she collected $11,662 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Montana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen Williams's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$11,662|
Williams and her husband, Thomas, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Williams + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Rep. Kathleen Williams, home page, accessed October 16, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Williams, Kathleen," accessed September 25, 2013
- 2010 contribution reports
Brady Wiseman (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |