|Illinois House of Representatives District 77|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, 2000|
|Master's||University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 2005|
Willis's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Until every person who is willing to work has a job, Kathleen will work to promote our region as a great place to do business and raise a family. She supports targeted tax incentives that reward job creation to help our economy working again."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "To rein state spending and make government pay its bills, Kathleen Will work to reform the way Illinois’ budget is crafted and help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend taxpayer dollars wisely."
- Preventing Unfair Property Tax Increases
- Excerpt: "Kathleen knows that homeowners shouldn’t pay higher property taxes when home values are falling. That’s why she will work to provide relief by pushing for a new law to freeze property taxes when home values decline."
- Making Legislators Take a Pay Cut
- Excerpt: "Helping to get Illinois back on the right track requires doing the right thing. At a time of economic challenges, Kathleen will not only make state legislators take a pay cut, she’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Willis served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Human Services|
|• State Government Administration|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Willis won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 77. Willis was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary, and defeated incumbent Angelo Saviano in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Angelo Saviano Incumbent||47.4%||12,357|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Willis + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois Pension Reform: How Did Your Representative Vote? - Patch.com
- Pension reformers: Take a bow - Chicago Tribune
- Follow that Bill - LaSalle News Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Kathleen Willis, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
Angelo Saviano (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |