|Wisconsin State Assembly District 68|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire|
Bernier is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, and earned a certificate in Public Management Essentials from the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay. She worked as a Chippewa County Clerk from 1999-2011.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bernier served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
|• Campaigns and Elections, Chair|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security|
|• Rural Affairs, Vice-chair|
|• Workforce Development|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bernier served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
|• Elections and Campaign Reform, Vice Chair|
|• Tourism, Recreation and State Properties|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Bernier won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 68. Bernier ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Judy Smriga (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 68, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathy Bernier Incumbent||52.4%||13,758|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 68 General Election (2010)|
|Kathy Bernier (R)||10,765|
|Kristen Dexter (D)||10,673|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 68 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Kathy Bernier (R)||3,305||99.49%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Bernier first won election to the State Assembly, she collected $47,485 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Kathleen M Bernier||$716|
|Eau Claire County Republican Party||$500|
|Friends & Neighbors of Robin Vos||$500|
|Friends of Dan Friske for Assembly||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Bernier has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kathy + Bernier + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- ANC of Wisconsin Commemorates 98th Anniversary of Genocide - Armenian Weekly
- Wisconsin Bill Would Treat Organic Milk , Sharp Cheddar , Brown Eggs as " Junk ... - PR Watch
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kathy Bernier on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Assembly member Kathleen "Kathy" Bernier (WI) biography," May 26, 2011
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ The Chippewa Herald, "Bernier running for Assembly," April 26, 2010
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "November 2010 General Election Recounts"
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Notice and Petition of Recount for 68th Assembly District", November 9, 2010
- ↑ Chippewa Herald "Update: Recount has Bernier beating Dexter by 78 votes", November 16, 2010
- ↑ Bernier campaign website
- ↑ Bernier video statement
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- ↑ Follow the Money.org, Kathy Bernier candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
Kristen Dexter (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 68
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |