|U.S. House, Colorado, District 6|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
|Birthday||September 1, 1948|
|Place of birth||Oakland, CA|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Kathy Polhemus was a 2012 Independent candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 6th Congressional District of Colorado.
Polhemus's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "If we do not tackle this issue soon, it will be too late. We will be unable to fund our ever increasing debt. Our nation will be bankrupt. We must use the Bowles-Simpson "Chairmen's Mark" Plan as a template for budgetary cuts and increased revenues."
- Excerpt: "A great education system is what will insure a bright future for this nation. We must make the care and education of children a top priority. They do not vote, but they depend on all of us to secure the very best future possible for them and our country."
- Immigration And The Drug War
- Excerpt: "The Federal Government is responsible for an orderly, equitable immigration policy, and the security of all of our borders. The War on Drugs has been a monumental failure we can no longer afford. Many illegal immigrants are refugees from the organized crime this "war" has created. "
- Excerpt: "All individuals deserve to have the same rights and liberties as others. If any INDIVIDUAL wishes to recognize cultural or religious restrictions to those rights, they are free to do so. Otherwise, the role of all branches of our government is to further equal rights for all."
- Excerpt: "Our budgetary situation makes it imperative that we become a lean, mean military. We need to double up on diplomacy and covert operations. If those efforts are insufficient, our military force must be intelligently used for our defense."
- See also: Colorado's 6th Congressional District elections, 2012
Polhemus ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 6th District. She ran as an Independent candidate. She was defeated by incumbent Mike Coffman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Breakdown of the source of Polhemus's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Polhemus did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Polhemus's campaign committee raised a total of $100,390 and spent $100,390.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 6, 2012 - Kathy Polhemus Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Kathy Polhemus's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Polhemus is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kathy + Polhemus + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Kathy Polhemus News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Associated Press, "Unofficial election results," June 26, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Kathy Polhemus 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014