Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 111|
|Member, Madison County Board|
|2010 - Present|
|High school||East Alton-Wood River Community High School|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville|
|J.D.||Saint Louis University|
Smith's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Repeal the 67% Quinn-Beiser Tax Increase
- Excerpt: "The Beiser-Quinn legislation increased our income tax 67 percent, the largest tax increase in Illinois history. Illinois remains more in debt today than ever. Kathy Smith has pledged to vote to repeal the Beiser-Quinn tax hike."
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs to create an environment where businesses can create jobs and stop chasing employers out of Illinois. How? Stop high taxes, fees, regulations, and lawsuits that force employers to leave Illinois. I will make Illinois competitive again."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs a balanced budget. As your state legislator, I will work hard to bring tax relief to hard working people across the state. Our current administration needs to stop wasteful spending. Illinois is unable to continue spending money it does not have."
- Pro Life
- Excerpt: "I believe that life is precious and that families are the core of our society. I support legislation that protects and strengthens families. I oppose spending tax dollars on programs that participate in the destruction of life and families."
- Public Service
- Excerpt: "Career politicians have ruined Illinois. It’s time for a fresh face, new ideas and a common sense voice in Springfield that demands transparency and accountability from our government. Politicians should be servants of the people. As your State Representative, I will fight for the Metro East and will not be bought by special interest groups."
Smith ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 111. Smith was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Daniel V. Beiser (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 111, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel V. Beiser Incumbent||58.5%||26,722|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathy + Smith + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senators Top Penguins In Double OT In Game 3: Colin Greening Scores Game ... - Huffington Post
- NHL Playoffs 2013: My Recap and Predictions for Round 2 - Huffington Post Canada
- Kyle Turris Goal: Senators Beat Canadiens In Overtime To Take 3-1 Series Lead ... - Huffington Post
- Canadiens Top Senators 3-1 In Game 2; Series Tied (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Justin Abdelkader Suspended For Two Games By NHL, Brendan Shanahan ... - Huffington Post
- NHL Playoffs 2013 Schedule Released: First Canadian Games Start Wednesday ... - Huffington Post Canada
- Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen: Light Heavyweight Championship On Line At UFC ... - Huffington Post
- Anthony Foxx named as transportation secretary - Washington Post (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Cathy Smith for Illinois Facebook page
- Kathy Smith on Twitter
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- ↑ Kathy Smith, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |