|South Dakota House of Representatives District 4|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Sisseton High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern State University|
|Profession||Teacher (retired), Tech Services provider|
Tyler attended Sisseton High School before earning her bachelor's degree from Northern State University and her master's degree from Bemidji State University. She is a retired teacher and a technical services provider.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tyler served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Kathy Tyler and Peggy Schuelke were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fred Deutsch and John Wiik were unopposed in the Republican primary. Tyler will face Schuelke, Deutsch and Wiik in the general election.
Tyler won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 4. Tyler ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Kathy Tyler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kathy Tyler raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Kathy Tyler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives , District 4||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Kathy Tyler won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kathy Tyler raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathy Tyler's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
Tyler and her husband, Tim, have two daughters and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kathy + Tyler + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 4
- Rep. Tyler's website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign website (Archive)
- Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Facebook page
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Tyler, Kathy," accessed September 26, 2013
- Kathy Tyler for District 4, "Biography," accessed May 9, 2012
Valentine Rausch (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|