|South Carolina State Senate District 23|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Shealy served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Corrections and Penology|
|• Fish, Game and Forestry|
Shealy filed to run in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 23, but was removed from the ballot. She filed and was accepted as a Petition Candidate for the November 6 general election. She defeated incumbent John Knotts (R) and David R. Whetsell (C) in the general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Shealy is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Shealy raised a total of $397,813 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Katrina Shealy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Carolina State Senate, District 23||$150,504|
|2008||South Carolina State Senate, District 23||$197,344|
|2002||South Carolina State House, District 88||$49,965|
|Grand Total Raised||$397,813|
2012Shealy won election to the South Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Shealy raised a total of $150,504.
|South Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katrina Shealy's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Clover-Lake Wylie RW||$1,274|
|Jim Hudson Ford||$1,000|
|McGee, Carroll E||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$150,504|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Shealy lost the election for the South Carolina State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Shealy raised a total of $197,344.
|South Carolina State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katrina Shealy's campaign in 2008|
|Rich & Rich Associates||$4,000|
|South Carolina Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Prezzano, Wilbur J||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$197,344|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2002Shealy lost the election for the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2002. During that election cycle, Shealy raised a total of $49,965.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2002 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katrina Shealy's campaign in 2002|
|C E Taylor Pumping Inc||$1,000|
|Davis, Hinton & Garvin, Davis||$1,000|
|Shealy & Sons Electric Co||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2002||$49,965|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
The South Carolina State Legislature was in its 120th legislative session from January 8, 2013, to June 6, 2014. In 2014, a statewide session was held from June 17 to June 19 "for the consideration of certain specified matters."
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce - 2013 Legislative Scorecard & Year in Review
- Legislators are scored on business issues, including: infrastructure funding, the Department of Employment and Workforce Integrity bill, expanding 4-year-old kindergarten and funding for the Manufacturing Skills Standard Council.
- Greenville Tea Party - Greenville Tea Party Scorecard 2013
- The scorecards are not comprehensive, but concentrate on issues related to jobs, spending, and freedom.
- Legislators are scored on efforts to promote economic freedom, lower taxes, create an efficient and accountable state government, reduce spending, protect small businesses and reform the state's pension system.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Katrina + Shealy + South + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Senate
- South Carolina State Senate Committees
- South Carolina Joint Committees
- South Carolina state legislative districts
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
- AP.org, "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, “2012 General Election – Official Results,” November 19, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Shealy, Katrina," accessed June 21, 2013
- South Carolina State Legislature Online, "H*5282 Concurrent Resolution," accessed June 26, 2014
Jake Knotts (R)
|South Carolina State Senate - District 6
| Succeeded by|