For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Utah House of Representatives District 56|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Christofferson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment|
|• Public Utilities and Technology|
Christofferson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Fiscal responsibility through the balancing of budgets and trimming waste and entitlements."
- Excerpt: "Attracting more business and jobs to Utah by promoting free markets, competition and reducing regulation and taxes"
- Excerpt: "Enhancing Utah’s educational system, to put our children’s future first. I want to transfer authority for our education to the state. To push decisions to the lowest level and bring accountability to decisions. The constitution does not give authority to the federal government to run education."
- Excerpt: "Reclaiming State’s rights so that we can determine the best way to manage Utah and our resources. I will work to reclaim state lands from the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Ensuring that our family values are legally upheld so that our children have a bright future."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Mark Byrge, Sr. was unopposed in the Democratic convention but withdrew before the general election. Incumbent Kay Christofferson was unopposed in the Republican convention and was unopposed in the general election.
Christofferson won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 56. Christofferson defeated Christy Kane in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Leslie Dalton (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Utah House of Representatives District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Christofferson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Christofferson raised a total of $28,791 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 18, 2013.
|Kay Christofferson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 56||$28,791|
|Grand Total Raised||$28,791|
2012Christofferson won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Christofferson raised a total of $28,791.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kay Christofferson's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,500|
|Christofferson, Kay J||$3,000|
|Quality Jobs Coalition||$1,000|
|American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Utah||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,791|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Kay Christofferson received an index rating of 68%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kay + Christofferson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 56
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Christofferson's website
- Profile from Open States
- Kay Christofferson on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- christofferson56, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Elections Results Utah - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 26, 2012
- Utah.Gov, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 24, 2012 (dead link)
- Follow the Money, "Christofferson, Kay J," accessed June 18, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
Kenneth Sumsion (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|