|U.S. House, Washington, District 8|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois|
|Place of birth||Alorton, Illinois|
Arnold earned his bachelor's from the University of Illinois and then went on to work for the IRS in St. Louis, MO. He is currently an accounting technician for NOAA.
Arnold listed the following issues on his website:
- "Everyone who is law-abiding must be included in our economy and workforce and have a living wage.
- I support global free trade but it must be Fair Global Free Trade.
- A quality education system for our children.
- The purpose of both the public and private sectors is to serve the public, not to serve management.
- The purpose of business (the private sector) is not excessive profits but to serve as a tool to provide public services.
- We must develop clean alternative sources of energy, especially renewable energy sources.
- Supporting our troops and veterans economically and financially.
- I would have voted against starting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the bank bailout.
- Immigration laws should be enforced focusing on those who hire (and exploit) persons here illegally.
- I am Pro Life. (Abortion should be allowed only in cases of rape, incest, or an extreme health risk to the mother. That extreme health risk should be limited to life-threatening risk until medicine can give us a better definition.)
- We need universal health care, we must provide care to everyone from infants to seniors.
- A fair tax system which should be progressive for higher incomes. This will slowly eliminate the deficit and payoff the debt.
- Ranked choice elections and campaign reform."
Arnold ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 8th District. He was defeated by incumbent Dave Reichert (R) and Jason Ritchie (D), who were the top two vote-getters in the blanket primary.
|U.S. House, Washington District 8, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Dave Reichert Incumbent||62.8%||53,907|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Keith + Arnold + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington's 8th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Washington's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Washington's 8th Congressional District
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Associated Press, "Washington - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Campaign Website, "Background"
- Campaign Website, "Issues"
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Associated Press, "Election results"