|Minnesota State Senate District 9|
|1981 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Minnesota House of Representatives|
|1975 to 1981|
|Birthday||January 20, 1938|
Langsleth graduated from Glyndon High School and is a dairy farmer in addition to being a Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Langseth served on these committees:
- Capital Investment, Ranking Minority Member
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Rules and Administration
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Langseth served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Veterans
- Agriculture and Veterans Budget and Policy Division Committee
- Capital Investment (Chair)
- Rules and Administration
- Transportation Budget and Policy Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 9 (2010)|
|Keith Langseth (DFL)||14595||52.52%|
|Jeff Backer (R)||13168||47.39%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 9 (2006)|
|Keith Langseth (DFL)||20,353||69.80%|
|Paul Holle (R)||8,771||30.08%|
In 2010, Langseth received $35,472 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Keith Langseth's campaign in 2010|
|Englesma, Bruce W||$500|
|Inter Faculty Organization||$500|
|Laborers District Council Of Minnesota & North Dakota||$500|
|Faegre & Benson||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$35,472|
In 2006, Langseth collected $44,100 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Mah Mah Wi No Min||$500|
|St. Paul Teachers Retirement Fund Association||$500|
|Messerli & Kramer||$500|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Keith + Langseth + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Keith is married to Lorraine Langsleth. They have three children and reside in Glyndon, Minnesota.
- Keith Langseth's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Keith Langseth
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
Paul Gazelka (R)