Keizer Fire Protection District Annexation Questions, 2 (March 2012)
Both measures were defeated
The same question was asked in both areas, if the Clear Lake neighborhood should be annexed into the Keizer rural fire protection district area. A complaint from Marion County Fire District 1 had been filed against the Keizer Rural Fire Protection District because the Keizer district and board president had sent out an email urging residents to vote in favor of the measure. Marion County noted that it was illegal for public employees to advocate for or against a measure. The complaint was filed with the Oregon Secretary of State and they noted that if Keizer was found to be violating election rules a fine of $75 would be assessed.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Should the Clear Lake neighborhood be annexed to Keizer Rural Fire Protection District ("Keizer Fire")?|
- Statesman Journal, "Ballot measures fail; Clear Lake stays with Marion County Fire District 1," March 13, 2012
- Marion County Elections, March Voter's Pamphlet
- Statesman Journal, "Current fire district best agency for Clear Lake," February 26, 2012
- Marion County Elections, March Election Results
- Marion County Elections, March Issues List
- The Statesman Journal, "Marion County Fire files complaint," February 14, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.