Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 28|
|J.D.||University of Iowa|
Jackson currently works as a private practice lawyer specializing in contract law and mediation. She served in the United States Army in a Bomb Squad.
Jackson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
On Economic Opportunities and Growth
- Excerpt: "As the recession starts to turn around we need to continue on a path toward prosperity and ensure job and business opportunities for all Kansans."
For The Best Public Schools in the Nation
- Excerpt: "Ensure that our excellent public schools receive adequate funding and that our children continue to receive the knowledge and tools necessary to become active, productive citizens of the 21st century."
On Cheap Energy and a Clean Environment
- Excerpt: "Kansas is the second windiest state in the country. We need to harness that potential to produce clean energy, which in turn will create new jobs."
For A Better Healthcare System for Everyone
- Excerpt: "Find ways to reduce the cost of health care to make it more accessible and affordable for all Kansans, while paying special attention to the needs of our seniors and our children."
On Keeping Our Moral Covenant
- Excerpt: "Defend the most vulnerable of our population by funding necessary social services that are vital to so many disabled Kansans and ensure they receive the care, treatment, and dignity they deserve."
Jackson ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 28. She ran unopposed in the August 7 primary and was defeated by Jerry Lunn (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
Jackson and her husband Rob have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kelly + Jackson + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kelly Jackson on Facebook
- "kellyjackson," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," accessed June 19, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |