Kelly K. Fajardo
|Kelly K. Fajardo|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 7|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
She serves on the Board of the Greater Belen Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the Business Women of Valencia County.
Fajardo's professional experience includes being the owner of KKF Media, a social media and web services consulting company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fajardo served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - A|
|• Health, Government and Indian Affairs|
Fajardo described her political philosophy as follows:
Strong conservative values, pro-life, a member of the NRA, supports small business and protecting education.
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Kelly K. Fajardo was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Teresa K.E. Smith De Cherif defeated Andrew Barreras in the Democratic primary. Fajardo and Smith De Cherif will face off in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Teresa K.E. Smith De Cherif||51.4%||792|
Fajardo ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 7. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent David Chavez (R) did not running for re-election. Fajardo defeated Andrew J. Barreras (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kelly K. Fajardo||50.4%||4,522|
Comprehensive donor information for Fajardo is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Fajardo raised a total of $85,535 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Kelly K. Fajardo's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 7||$85,535|
|Grand Total Raised||$85,535|
2012Fajardo won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Fajardo raised a total of $85,535.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kelly K. Fajardo's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Leadership Committee||$4,400|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$2,500|
|New Mexico Turn Around||$2,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$85,535|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelly + Fajardo + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, July 10, 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Fajardo, Kelly K.," accessed May 23, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014