|Nevada State Assembly District 39|
|February 7, 2011 - November 7, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Years of service||1966-1970|
Kite's professional experience includes working as a licensed Nevada insurance agent. He also served in the United States Navy from 1966 to 1970.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kite served on these committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining Committee, Nevada Assembly
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
|Nevada State Assembly, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kelly Kite Incumbent||35%||2,526|
|Gary Roger Schmidt||27.3%||1,971|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010, Kite won election to the Nevada House of Representatives, defeating Joetta Brown (D) and David Schumann (Independent American). Kite defeated Jim Wheeler, Barbara Smallwood, and Janet Murphy in the June 8 primary election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 39 General election (2010)|
|Kelly Kite (R)||13,741|
|Joetta Brown (D)||8,118|
|David Schumann (I)||1,942|
In 2010, a year in which Kite was up for re-election, he collected $39,650 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Kite's 2010 campaign.
|Retail Association Of Nevada||$2,000|
|Nevada Power Co||$2,000|
Kite and his wife, Cathie, have two children.
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kelly + Kite + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010,
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions to Kelly Kite," accessed November 24, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
James Settelmeyer (R)
|Nevada State Assembly District 39
| Succeeded by|
Jim Wheeler (R)