|North Dakota Treasurer|
|2005 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern University (2005)|
|Birthday||August 26, 1962|
|Place of birth||Moorhead, Minnesota|
A native of Nebraska, Schmidt is a 2005 graduate of the National Institute for Public Finance at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
- BA, National Institute for Public Finance, Northwestern University, 2005
North Dakota Treasurer (2005-Present)
Schmidt was first elected in 2004 and re-elected in 2008 and 2012. In 2011, she was elected President of the National Association of State Treasurers. She has also been recognized as a "Toll Fellow" by the Council on State Governments in 2009 for her work in state government.
|North Dakota Treasurer General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kelly Schmidt Incumbent||65.9%||197,041|
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.|
Schmidt won re-election to the position of North Dakota Treasurer in 2012. During that election cycle, Schmidt raised a total of $36,620.
|North Dakota Treasurer 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kelly Schmidt's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$5,000|
|North Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$36,620|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Kelly Schmidt's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Kelly Schmidt's Campaign Contributions|
North Dakota Treasurer
North Dakota Treasurer
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$69,160||$66,592|
|Top 5 contributors||John Hoeven||$3,300||North Dakota Republican Party||$13,000|
|North Dakota Association of Realtors||$2,000||John Hoever Committee||$5,500|
|Marlene Vculek||$1,500||Friends of Jim Poolman|
Re-Elect Wayne Stenehjem
|Kyle Handegard||$1,325||Cramer Campaign Committee||$3,000|
|Mikey Hoeven||$1,025||Friends of Rick Clayburgh||$2,873|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelly + Schmidt + North + Dakota + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this state official due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
In 2009, Schmidt was named a Toll Fellow by the Council of State Governments. She and her husband, Chuck, live in Mandan and have four sons.
- Official campaign website
- Office of the North Dakota State Treasurer
- Schmidt's official biography
- Official Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ North Dakota Treasurer, "Meet the treasurer," accessed January 9, 2012
- ↑ State of North Dakota Office of the Treasurer "Meet the Treasurer," accessed January 16, 2013
- ↑ North Dakota Secretary of State, "Unofficial results, primary election," accessed June 12, 2012
- ↑ Bismark Tribune "General Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|North Dakota Treasurer
| Succeeded by|