|Florida House of Representatives District 90|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Regional Director, Arthritis Foundation|
Skidmore's professional experience includes working as the Regional Director of the Arthritis Foundation and Legislative Aide to Senator Ron Klein from 1996 to 2005. She is a member of the Palm Beach/Treasure Coast Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council.
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Healthcare
- Governmental Affairs Policy Committee
- Health & Family Services Policy Council (Ranking Minority Member)
Skidmore did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Skidmore's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 7 - "Driver License Restrictions: Restricts number of passengers permitted in vehicle operated by person under certain age"
- HB 583 - "Monitoring the Dispensing of Controlled Substances: Requires DOH to establish comprehensive electronic system to monitor dispensing of certain controlled substances; requires those who dispense certain controlled substances to submit specified information to department"
- HB 1337 - "Sterilization of Dogs and Cats: Allows release of dog or cat from animal shelter, animal control agency, or animal adoption group without compliance with sterilization requirements if licensed veterinarian certifies that dog or cat has medical condition that would be substantially aggravated by such procedure, procedure would likely cause death of dog or cat, or procedure would never be safe for dog or cat"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On her campaign website, Skidmore listed her goals on five issues she was concerned about. They were:
- "Boost our economy with new jobs and economic development."
- "Eliminate waste in Florida’s budget by fighting corruption and special interests."
- "Ensure that our schools are appropriately funded to allow our students and teachers to reach their full potential."
- "Lower hurricane insurance rates to ease burden on homeowners."
- "Fight against off-shore oil drilling that hurts tourism and threatens our environment."
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Skidmore was defeated in her bid for election to the District 25 seat of the Florida State Senate in 2010. She did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Skidmore lost to Ellyn Bogdanoff (R) in the November 2, 2010, general election. Miranda Rosenberg (NPA) also ran.
| Florida State Senate, District 25 |
2010 General election results
|Ellyn Bogdanoff (R)||82,583||57.66%|
|Kelly Skidmore (D)||53,958||37.67%|
|Miranda Rosenberg (NPA)||6,694||4.67%|
Below are Skidmore's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|FL Recreational Vehicle Trade Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Assoc of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kelly + Skidmore + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Kelly Skidmore campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Kelly Skidmore on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 18, 2014
- campaign website, "Biography"
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results," accessed December 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |