|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 38|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 16, 1951|
|Place of birth||Albany, KY|
Keisling attended Belmont University. He worked in insurance before assuming office. From 1994-1998, he served as the County Executive in Pickett County.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Keisling served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Banking, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Keisling served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Kelly Keisling is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Keisling won re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 38. Keisling ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and defeated David R. Harper (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kelly Keisling Incumbent||71.8%||14,190|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 38 General Election (2010)|
|Kelly Keisling (R)||7,965|
|Leslie Winningham (D)||6,141|
Comprehensive donor information for Keisling is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Keisling raised a total of $166,401 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Kelly Keisling's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 38||$84,507|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 38||$81,894|
|Grand Total Raised||$166,401|
2012Keisling won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Keisling raised a total of $84,507.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kelly Keisling's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Caucus||$11,289|
|Tennessee Republican Caucus||$4,550|
|Harwell, Beth Halteman||$2,800|
|Fitzgerald Truck Parts & Sales LLC||$2,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$84,507|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Keisling won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Keisling raised a total of $81,894.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kelly Keisling's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$23,140|
|Nashville Republican Women||$2,000|
|Bens Hwy 111 Fireworks||$1,000|
|Insurors Of Tennessee||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$81,894|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Keisling and his wife, Janet, have three children. They currently reside in Byrdstown, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelly + Keisling + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Kelly Keisling on the Tennessee State House website
- Profile from Open States
- Kelly Keisling's biography on Project Vote Smart
- Kelly Keisling's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Official Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Keisling, Kelly," accessed July 1, 2013
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |