|Idaho House of Representatives District 8A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Date of birth||May 5, 1963|
|Place of birth||Cascade, ID|
Roberts attended college at Boise State, the Moody Bible Institute, and the University of Idaho.
In addition to being a Representative, Roberts is a construction contractor and farmer.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberts served on these committees:
- Economic Outlook and Revenue Assessment Committee
- Health and Welfare
- Revenue and Taxation
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Roberts served on these committees:
Roberts ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 8A. He defeated John Blattler and Dan Davis in the Republican primary. Karla J. Miller ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Roberts withdrew from the race on July 16, 2012, and was replaced on the ballot by Terry F. Gestrin. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8A Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ken A. Roberts Incumbent||44.9%||3,290|
Roberts won re-election to District Seat 8A in 2010 with no opposition. He defeated Gordon Conrad in the Republican primary on May 25th by a margin of 4,397 to 1,921. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8A (2010)|
|Ken Roberts (R)||11,486||100.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Ken Roberts won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 8A receiving 59.7% of the vote (11,043 votes), ahead of Democrat Richard Adams who received 40.3% of the vote (7,455 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8A (2008)|
|Ken Roberts (R)||11,043||59.7%|
|Richard Adams (D)||7,455||40.3%|
In 2010, a year in which Roberts was up for re-election, he collected $30,585 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Roberts's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Idaho Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,585|
In 2008, Roberts raised $43,147.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$2,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,500|
|Blue Cross of Idaho||$1,100|
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,000|
Roberts represented Seat A in Idaho House District 8. District 8 includes all of Clearwater, Idaho, Lewis, and Valley counties.
Ken is married to Mary Jo Roberts. They have three children and reside in Donnely, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Roberts + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives - Ken Roberts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- The Idaho Statesman, "Otter names Rep. Ken Roberts to Idaho Tax Commission," July 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Declaration for 2012 - General, July 25, 2012," accessed August 1, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Ken Roberts
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8A
| Succeeded by|
Terry F. Gestrin (R)