|Former candidate for|
|Governor of Rhode Island|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 9, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Dartmouth College (1987)|
|Birthday||October 11, 1965|
|Place of birth||Milford, Connecticut|
|Profession||President, Cross Alert Systems|
Block is a software engineer and entrepreneur. He serves as president of Simpatico Software Systems and Cross Alert Systems.
Block earned his B.A. in computer science from Dartmouth College.
|Governor of Rhode Island, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Rhode Island Primary Unofficial Results.|
Block was defeated in his bid for governor in 2010. He faced Frank T. Caprio (D), John F. Robitaille (R), Lincoln Chafee (I), Ronald Algieri (I), Todd Giroux (I), and Joseph M. Lusi (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Governor of Rhode Island, 2010|
|Democratic||Frank T. Caprio||23%||78,896|
|Republican||John F. Robitaille||33.6%||114,911|
|Independent||Joseph M. Lusi||0.3%||1,091|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Block + Rhode + Island + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island gubernatorial election, 2014
- Rhode Island gubernatorial election, 2010
- Governor of Rhode Island
- Ken Block for Governor campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ken Block on Twitter
- Ken Block on YouTube
- GoLocalProv, "Ken Block to Run for Rhode Island Governor as Republican," October 28, 2013
- Ken Block Biography - obtained in an email from the Block for Governor campaign
- WPRI, "Ken Block to run for governor in '14," May 21, 2013
- AP election guide - Hosted by NPR, "Rhode Island State Profile," accessed February 4, 2013
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |