|Kansas House of Representatives District 54|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Auburn High School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Corbet served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Corbet's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Ken Corbet will get government out of the way so Kansan's ecomony will grow again. Kansas ranks 27th worst in the nation for Personal Income Tax Rates, this needs to be fixed if we want business to move to Kansas."
- Excerpt: "As a life-long hunter, Ken is an ardent defender of the Second Amendment."
- Excerpt: "Ken believes that life starts at the moment of conception."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Gretchen Driskell was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Hochstetler was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Corbet won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 52. Corbet defeated Debbi Childers and Dana Webber in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Ann Mah (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ann Mah Incumbent||49.9%||5,373|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 54 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Corbet is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Corbet raised a total of $35,661 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 19, 2013.
|Ken Corbet's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 50||$35,661|
|Grand Total Raised||$35,661|
2012Corbet won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Corbet raised a total of $35,661.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Corbet's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,078|
|Kansas Livestock Association||$1,000|
|Shawnee County Republican Party||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$35,661|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Ken Corbet received a score of 76.0% in the 2013 index.
Corbet and his wife, Bev, have two children. Corbet founded the Kansas Sport Hunting Association, and is currently on the Dean's Advisory Council at the Kansas State University School of Agriculture.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ken + Corbet + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Corbet's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ken Corbet on Facebook
- Ken Corbet on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "corbet4kansas," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 2, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Corbet, Ken," accessed June 19, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Joe Patton (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |