|Michigan House of Representatives District 33|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Profession||Owner, Goike Trucking and Excavating|
Goike is the owner of Goike Trucking and Excavating. He is the current president of the Armada Fair, and is a member of the Michigan Farm Bureau, the Michigan Builders Association and the Septic Association.
Goike's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Fix the Economy
- Excerpt:"I know what it’s like to make a payroll. I also know what it is like to work with your hands."
- Excerpt:"Larger government means less freedom for its citizens. I will advocate for streamlining government departments to eliminate the 'paper shuffle.'"
Prioritize Students in Education Funding
- Excerpt:"Public education needs to prioritize students in determining best practices. Our school districts need to be open to restructuring how business is done to make the best use of taxpayer funding."
Protect the Environment for Future Generations
- Excerpt:"I have been recycling my whole life, including previously holding a license to recycle vehicles. Michigan’s vast natural resources should be used, not abused."
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception. Government must protect its most vulnerable citizens, especially the unborn. I am proud to be endorsed by Right to Life of Michigan."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Goike served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Michigan Competitiveness|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Tourism, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Goike served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
Goike won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 33. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Martha O'Kray (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ken Goike Incumbent||61.9%||24,163|
Goike won election to the District 33 Seat in 2010. He defeated Giuseppe Biondo, Gina Bucci, Frank Cusumano, James Santilli, Jr. and Pete Vitale in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Andrew Prasiloski (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 33 General election (2010)|
|Ken Goike (R)||24,469|
|Andrew Prasiloski (D)||12,339|
More voting record details
- List of all of Ken Goike’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Goike raised $25,325 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
January 2011 - March 2012
Ken Goike received an 83% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Goike served on these committees:
Ken Goike’s Campaign Contributions
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
Rep. Ken Goike
N-797 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (517) 373-0820
Goike and his wife Sherry have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ken + Goike + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- official campaign website
- Official Biography
- Voting Record on MichiganVotes.org
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Ken Goike on Facebook
Kim Meltzer (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |