Ken Miller (Montana)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Montana|
|Montana State Senate|
Miller was raised on a family farm and spend time as a bull rider in his youth. He started a construction and roofing business in 1979 and since then has opened several more construction, retail, management and manufacturing businesses. He was elected to the Montana State Senate in 1995 and served two consecutive terms.
On his campaign website, Miller highlights his position on the following issues:
- Job creation by getting government out of the way and:
- - Restore Montana to the Treasure State, utilizing our natural resources.
- -Eliminate frivolous lawsuits.
- -Reform work-comp system to be more responsive with much lower rates.
- -Lower costs for doing business in Montana.
- -Reform Montana Constitution to pro-business document.
- -Reduce government and its debt burden on tax payers.
- Stronger education system, focused on quality and accountability
- -Establish alternative education opportunities.
- -Reward good teachers and replace poor teachers
- -Reform Montana Constitution to allow alternatives in education.
- -Fund higher education with Opportunity Scholarships.
- -Reduce administration costs.
- Protect our heritage, states' rights and private property rights including:
- -Control wolf infiltration which is destroying our wildlife and harming agriculture.
- -Protect our 2nd amendment rights.
- -Eliminate state and federal debt.
- -Protect our traditional family structure.
- -Protect life at all stages.
- -Stand with states like Arizona demanding immigration law enforcement.
- -Require drug test for entitlements.
- -Require English as official language.