For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 91|
Sapp's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Budget and Taxation
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to use “zero based” versus “baseline” budget methods without the belief that additional tax revenue is available or appropriate. Government programs should be regularly evaluated for effectiveness and alignment with spending priorities."
Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to limit regulations and taxation that place restrictions on innovation and place disincentives on taking risk. Texas should be a leader in attracting business growth by providing a positive pro growth environment."
- Excerpt:"I believe we must provide equal opportunity for all students K-12 regardless of their geographic location. This can be achieved by allowing parents more school choice, repositioning existing revenue sources, revisiting target funding formulas, encouraging innovative teaching methods and requiring greater accountability for how expenditures are made to achieve required results."
- Excerpt:"I believe solutions to this dilemma require the elimination of diversions of the gas tax to other purposes, obtaining a greater percentage of federal gas tax returned to Texas, limited use of public debt for highway construction, responsible use of public/private partnerships and allowing more local influence over how and where transportation dollars are spent."
- Excerpt:"I believe we must restrict entry to our nation to those who come here legally and allow only those who follow prescribed legal process to receive the benefits of residence and employment."
|Texas House of Representatives District 91 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ken Sapp (advanced to runoff)||39.9%||3,777|
|Stephanie Klick (advanced to runoff)||31.9%||3,026|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Sapp + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |