Kenneth Alvin Willey
|Kenneth Alvin Willey|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Paxton High School (1990)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1990 – 2010|
Willey served in the U.S. Navy from 1990 to 2010. He worked as a Hospital Corpsman with specialty as Preventive Medicine Tech.
Willey describes himself as "a small-l libertarian." In the information submitted to Ballotpedia, he outlined some of the major issues of his campaign:
- "I will actively fight the progression of legislation that infringes on our individual rights. This includes bills similar to NDAA sections 1021 and 1022, CISPA, H.R. 347, SOPA, FISA, Patriot Act, etc."
- "I will actively fight authorizations for the use of military force unless we are attacked. If the need for military force arises I will only vote in favor of a declaration of war. I will also fight to impeach any President who uses military force without a deceleration of war."
- "I will work for passage of the Read the Bills Act, Write the Laws Act, One Subject at a Time Act, and the Enumerated Powers Act. Until these are passed I pledge to read any bill I intend to vote in favor of, any power not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, and vote against any bill containing unrelated amendments."
- "I will work towards repealing the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution."
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Travis Cummings was unopposed in the Republican primary and will face Kenneth Willey (L) in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kenneth + Willey + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 18
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- Biographical information submitted Ballotpedia, May 18, 2012
- Florida Division of Elections, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State, "Candidate List" accessed March 22, 2012
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |