|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 6-7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 3-6|
|1999 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont|
|Master's||University of Vermont|
Atkins has worked as a Justice of the Peace. He also worked as an elementary school teacher/coach for the Winooski School District from 1964 to 1998.
Atkins earned his B.S. and M.S. in Education from the University of Vermont in 1964 and 1974, respectively.
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-7 has two state representatives. Incumbent Clement Bissonnette and Diana Gonzalez defeated Kenneth Atkins in the Democratic primary. Robert Millar is running as a Vermont Progressive Party candidate. Gonzalez is also nominated as a Vermont Progressive candidate.
Atkins did not seek re-election in 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 3-6 General Election (2010)|
|Clement Bissonnette (D)||1,684|
|Kenneth Atkins (D)||1,628|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Atkins served on these committees:
- Government Operations, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Atkins served on these committees:
- Government Operations Committee, Vermont House
- Legislative Information Technology Committee, Vermont Legislature
In 2010, a year in which Atkins was up for re-election, he did collect any money in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Atkins voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kenneth + Atkins + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Atkins and his wife, Judith Miller, have two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed July 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," November 2, 2010
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013