Kenneth B. De Vries
|Kenneth De Vries|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 5B|
De Vries's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Conservatism of the Founding Fathers
- Excerpt: "The primary role of government is to protect the rights and the freedom of the people. The founders of the United States of America believed that our Republic could only be the home of a just and moral people. Without a strong moral foundation and a clear sense of right and wrong, no system of government will protect the rights of the governed."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Freedom, not government, is the ally of a strong economy. Government should protect the freedom necessary for a vibrant economy to thrive. In all other aspects, government should get out of the way and let the free market supply the goods and services people want and need."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "Idaho is a resource rich state. However, 60 percent of Idaho's land is occupied by the federal government. This is not only unconstitutional but is a violation of the Equal Footing Doctrine that was in force when each and every new state was admitted to the union. Federal occupation of Idaho's land has prevented Idahoans from enjoying the highest and best use of Idaho's resources."
- 2nd Amendment Issues
- Excerpt: "I oppose gun control. This includes but is not limited to confiscatory ammunition taxes, cartridge tagging or any other backdoor attempts to infringe on the citizen's right to keep and bear arms. The second amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting. It is about freedom. Period."
- Excerpt: "Any discussion of taxation must first begin with an analysis of how the money is to be spent and whether or not the expenditures are constitutionally authorized. The government of any civilized society needs taxes to operate. Our government is limited in its authority by both the state and federal constitutions and as such, our elected officials must find constitutional justification for any proposed tax or government program."
De Vries ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 5B. He defeated Bob Hassoldt and Rex Joseph Steele in the Republican primary on May 15 and was defeated by Shirley Gene Ringo (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 5B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Shirley Gene Ringo Incumbent||53.6%||10,739|
|Republican||Kenneth B. De Vries||46.4%||9,293|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 5B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kenneth B. De Vries||58.7%||1,674|
|Rex Joseph Steele||17.2%||489|
De Vries has a wife, Yvonne, and three children, Connor, Adrian and Trevor. 2012]</ref>
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kenneth + De Vries + Idaho + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Personal website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kenneth De Vries, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," accessed March 26, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Kenneth De Vries, "About," accessed October 12, 2012