|North Carolina House of Representatives District 60|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina A&T University|
Brandon earned his Bachelor's degree from North Carolina A&T University. He has worked as a national account executive for NGP Software and a political consultant to Democratic candidates around the country including former Representative Dennis Kucinich. Brandon also helped create KMB Consulting.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brandon served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brandon served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
Brandon ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated Earl Jones in the May 8, 2012 Democratic primary. The race was a rematch from a 2010 primary, when the roles were flipped and Jones was the incumbent. He was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marcus Brandon Incumbent||100%||27,755|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 60 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Marcus Brandon Incumbent||66.2%||4,928|
|North Carolina House of Representatives General Election, District 60, 2010|
|North Carolina House of Representatives May 4 Primary, District 60, 2010|
|Earl Jones Incumbent||40.2%||1,092|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Brandon raised a total of $54,813 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Gold, Mitchell S||$2,000|
|Page, Robert L||$2,000|
|Brandon Jr., Kenneth||$2,000|
Brandon resides in High Point, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marcus + Brandon + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Morning Memo: Another gambling bust with NC ties; Hagan remains against gay ... - News & Observer
- Hooking up for a good cause: North Mesquite grad Brown, former UT teammates ... - Star Community Newspapers
- College football countdown
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Athletic programs in question with new budgets - Middletown Press
- College football countdown
- NC Teen Dems to host gay leaders - QNotes
- House tentatively OKs $20.6B budget - WRAL.com
- Some bills get new life; others die - Greensboro News & Record
- In North Carolina, a new breed of black politician emerges - Daily Caller
- Writer supports Brandon candidacy - QNotes
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|North Carolina House - District 60
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |