|Colorado State Senate District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Kester was County Commissioner from 1975 to 1987 and from 1994 to 1998. He then served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1998 to 2002.
Kester received his high school diploma and currently works as a businessman.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy Committee, Colorado Senate
- Local Government Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Kester was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to Colorado's term limits.
Kester raised $68,086 for his campaign, while Griego raised $22,936.
|Colorado State Senate, District 2 (2006)|
|Ken Kester (R)||25,031|
|Michael R. Griego (D)||16,143|
In 2006, Kester collected $68,086 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Colorado Education Association||$2,400|
|National Association Of Industrial & Office Properties||$1,400|
|Colorado Rural Electric Association||$1,400|
|Pueblo Education Association||$1,100|
Kester is widowed and has three children.
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Ken Kester
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Ken Kester
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2000
|Colorado State Senate - District 2
| Succeeded by|
Kevin J. Grantham