Kenneth Rottier recall, Seymour, Wisconsin, 2010
The recall was initiated by Bob Tregoning, a 25-year Seymour resident. According to Tregoning, a recall effort was initiated after two city employee were "unfairly" dismissed. In the filed recall petition, Rottier is also alleged to have "abus[ed] his mayoral power by not following procedures" and "violat[ed] state statutes limiting official statements to items posted on meeting agendas."
- Mayor Kenneth Rottier: 378
- Judy Schuette (challenger): 313
Although Rottier survived his recall election in January 2010, in the regular city council elections for the City of Seymour held on April 6, 2010, Rottier lost to challenger Judy Schuette.
Path to the ballot
In order to force a recall election a minimum of 302 signatures were required. According to Seymour City Clerk Susan Garsow recall supporters submitted 484 valid signatures.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 WFRV,"Recall election to be held for Seymour Mayor," December 2, 2009
- ↑ The Post-Crescent,"Recall election in Seymour falls short; Mayor Kenneth Rottier survives challenge," January 6, 2010
- ↑ Post-Crescent,"Seymour resident Bob Tregoning starts recall petition against mayor Kenneth Rottier," November 3, 2009
- ↑ Appleton Post-Crescent, "City races: Voters oust Appleton Ald. George Holzknecht, Seymour Mayor Ken Rottier", April 7, 2010