|Utah House of Representatives District 56|
|2007 - 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Master's||Brigham Young University|
|Place of birth||Richfield, UT|
|Profession||Certified Public Accountant|
Sumsion has worked in the following positions: Internal Auditor/Fiscal Analyst for Vulcan Materials, Division Controller from Morton Metalcraft, and Auditor/Systems Consultant for Arthur Andersen. He is currently a Certified Public Accountant. He is also an Internal Consultant for Brigham Young University.
Sumsion earned his BS in Accounting from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his MACC from Brigham Young University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sumsion served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Public Education Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Utah State Legislature, Chair
- Transportation Committee, Utah House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sumsion served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah House
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah House
Sumsion did not run for re-election in 2012. He sought the Republican nomination for Governor of Utah in 2012 but was eliminated from the race during the Utah Republican Party's nominating convention on April 21, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 56 General Election (2010)|
|Kenneth Sumsion (R)||13,502|
|Lori A. Bonner (D)||2,391|
Sumsion raised $18,146 for his campaign while Barron raised $0.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 56 (2008)|
|Kenneth Sumsion (R)||19,296|
|Michael Barron (C)||2,842|
In 2010, Sumsion received $13,356 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kenneth Sumsion's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,000|
|Utah Bankers Association||$750|
|Entertainment Software Association||$500|
|Utah Association Of Collectors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,356|
Sumsion raised $18,146 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Utah Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Parents for Choicee in Education||$1,225|
Sumsion and his wife, Lisa, have six children.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Kenneth Sumsion
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- ↑ Utah Elections, "2012 candidate filings," accessed May 29, 2012
- ↑ Salt Lake Tribune, "Herbert wins nod, Philpot feels betrayed," April 21, 2012
- ↑ Utah House of Representatives election results
- ↑ 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- ↑ 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- ↑ Campaign contributors to Kenneth Sumsion
|Utah House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|
Kay Christofferson (R)