Oklahoma State House, District 44
Gathering in Noble
An audience member asked about his stances on abortion and a recent Norman City Council meeting involving a controversial "gay" recognition proclamation. Hunt said he was "100 percent pro-life" and regarding the proclamation issue Hunt said he would have voted against it.
Hunt added that of what he saw of the televised broadcast of the council meeting, "it shows how out of touch (city) government is with the people."
When asked about tax credits, Hunt said he told the State Chamber of Commerce that he thinks that the state needs to do a better job of educating the public about "why we do tax credits."
Hunt also said he was "against transferable tax credits" and will examine each tax credit on a "case by case basis."
When illegal immigration was noted, Hunt said, "If your first act is to come into this country and break the law then I have a real problem with that."
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 44|
|Emily Virgin (D)||5,577|
|Kent Hunt (R)||3,187|
- "Kent Hunt talks issues with GOP gathering in Noble," Oklahoma Watchdog, October 5, 2010
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Oklahoma Candidates for State Elective Office 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Primary Election — July 27, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Runoff Primary Election — August 24, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results General Election — November 2, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014