Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania State House District 186|
|2009 - 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Mansfield University, 1996|
|Master's||University of Pennsylvania, 2001|
Johnson earned his B.A. from Mansfield University in 1996. He went on to receive his MGA from the University of Pennsylvania in 2001. He then graduated from the Governing for Non-Profit Excellence Program at Harvard University School of Business in 2005. His professional experience includes his work as a Civil Servant.
Johnson has served as Public Safety/Community Outreach Liaison for State Senator Anthony H. Williams and as Legislative Aide for Youth Development/Community Outreach for State Representative Harold James. In 2009, he joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson was appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Aging & Older Adult Services Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Children & Youth Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Commerce Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Urban Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
Johnson won re-election to the 186th District seat in 2010. He defeated Timothy Hannah and Dyheim Watson in the primary election, receiving 5,563 votes while Hannah and Watson received 744 and 401 votes respectively. Johnson defeated Republican Keith Todd in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 186|
|Kenyatta Johnson (D)||16,668||93.0%|
|Keith Todd (R)||1,254||7.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 186|
|Kenyatta Johnson (D)||25,932||100.0%|
In 2010, Johnson received $100,388 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kenyatta Johnson's campaign in 2010|
|Williams For Govenor||$12,000|
|Onorato For Governor||$11,250|
|Laborers District Council||$5,000|
|Citizens To Elect Dwight Evans For State Representative||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$100,388|
Johnson is single.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Kenyatta Johnson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Philadelphia Enquirer, "Six Pennsylvania House seats to be filled in April," March 1, 2012
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 donations," accessed May 2, 2014
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 186
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |