|Pennsylvania State House District 171|
|1997 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Lebanon County, PA|
Benninghoff attended Penn State University from 1980 to 1981.
Benninghoff worked as a Carpenter for Frank Castamento Construction/self-employed from 1979 to 1989. He also worked for Mount Nittany Medical Centre as an Orderly from 1981 to 1989. From 1985 to 1991, he was Deputy Coroner. He then worked as Centre County Coroner from 1991 to 1996. Benninghoff worked as Supervisor for Mount Nittany Medical Centre from 1992 to 1996 as well. He has also worked for Bellefonte Medical Arts Center.
In 1997, Benninghoff joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He has served in that position since, representing the 171st District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Benninghoff served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Benninghoff served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Benninghoff served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health & Human Services|
|• State Government, Chair|
Benninghoff ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 171. Benninghoff ran unopposed in the Republican primary on April 24 and defeated Christopher Lee (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 171, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kerry Benninghoff Incumbent||65.1%||20,242|
Benninghoff won re-election to the 171st District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 171|
|Kerry Benninghoff (R)||15,742||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 171|
|Kerry Benninghoff (R)||21,897||65.3%|
|Joanne Tosti-Vasey (D)||11,659||34.8%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Benninghoff received $34,365 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kerry Benninghoff's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Associated Builders & Contractors||$1,000|
|Hawbaker, Daniel R||$800|
|Pennsylvania Society Of Anesthesiologists||$800|
|Penna Builders Assoc||$700|
|Schleiden, Russell E||$600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,365|
Benninghoff and his wife, Michele, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Kerry + Benninghoff + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Officials leverage support for transportation spending with Route 322 widening - Centre Daily Times
- State lawmakers eye different property tax reform proposals - York Daily Record
- Taxes, transportation highlight town hall meeting - Reading Eagle
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Kerry Benninghoff
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 170
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |