|Iowa House of Representatives District 21|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Burt dropped his plans for re-election on April 7, 2010. He and eight others have been charged with giving false addresses to avoid paying full tuition at a state-run teacher training school.
Burt has been a TV Announcer with Gateway Conference, EMT/Instructor with the Hazardous Materials Regional Training Center, a Financial Consultant with Kerry Burt Financial, firefighter, and assistant football coach.
He is involved with the Boys and Girls Club, is a Scout Master with Cub Scout Pack 56, and is Co-Founder of The Black Alliance.
- Local Government
- Public Safety (Vice Chair)
- Rebuild Iowa and Disaster Recovery
- Subcommittee on Transportation, Infrastructure, and Capitals Appropriations
In the June 8th primary election, Burt was defeated by Democratic primary opponent Anesa Kajtazovic by a margin of 654 to 61.
On November 4, 2008, Burt was elected to the 21st District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Tami Wiencek (R). Burt raised $57,899 for his campaign, while Wiencek raised $116,484.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 21|
|Kerry Burt (D)||6,673|
|Tami Wiencek (R)||6,454|
In 2008 Burt collected $57,899 in donations.
His five largest contributors were:
|Service Employees Local 199||$10,000|
|United Food & Commercial Workers International Union||$10,000|
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|AFSCME Iowa Council 61||$3,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 125||$3,000|
- Kerry Burt on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kerry Burt on Facebook
- Des Moines Register, "Rep. Kerry Burt, others charged in Cedar Falls tuition case," April 8, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Burt
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Kerry Burt
|Iowa House of Representatives District 21
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |