|Alabama House of Representatives District 26|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Manager, WJIA 88.5 FM|
Rich has served in the Alabama House of Representatives for two terms. He has also served as the Legislative Director for the Governor for two and one half years.
Rich has worked as owner and manager of various radio stations for 22 years. He currently manages WJIA 88.5 FM of Marshall County.
Rich served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Regulations
- Subcommittee on Services
- Subcommittee on Consent Calendars
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||7,203|
|Randall White (D)||4,873|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||1,315|
|Tim Bollinger (R)||1,261|
|Corey Ladun Hill (R)||800|
|Jeff Stone (R)||777|
|Peggie Haney (R)||459|
|Nathan Broadhurst (R)||271|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 Rep Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||2,597|
|Tim Bollinger (R)||2,394|
Rich's website lists the following issues:
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "The Federal government has totally failed in its responsibility, especially in securing the border."
- Excerpt: "People run for office and tell people they are somehow going to wave a magic wand and suddenly create all these high paying jobs. That is simply untrue and it hurts the credibility and trust in government to make such outrageous claims."
- Excerpt: "I am a long time supporter of public education. A quality education is essential for creating jobs. In order to have a good education system that produces good students you must have good teachers."
- Education Funding
- Excerpt: "More and more people are coming to the conclusion that there must be reform in how education is funded. The problem we face is the huge fluctuation in revenues."
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "The Alabama Ethics law has been a paper tiger in many respects. The Ethics Commission needs subpoena power. Without this it will continue to be a paper tiger."
- Excerpt: "I have long recognized the importance of transportation to the growth of our economy. I have a very good record in this regard."
- Pro Life
- Excerpt: "I have a pro-life record. I have always voted pro-life and I have a record to prove it. Abortion is one of the issues where I strongly disagree with the Democrat party."
- Excerpt: "Agriculture is vitally important to the economy of Sand Mountain. Most farmers don’t ask for special favors. However, they don’t want unnecessary taxes or undue government burdens placed on them."
- Constitutional Revision
- Excerpt: "I have long supported Constitutional Revision. "
- Pac to Pac Transfers
- Excerpt: "I will strongly support legislation that will STOP THIS NONSENSE. If I receive money from XYZ Pac it should be the law that I have to disclose where that money came from and who gave it to me."
Rich was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Rich raised $165,786 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$49,503|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$17,691|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$14,000|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$13,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kerry + Rich + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Steve Flowers: Alabama GOP took advantage of super majority - North Jefferson News
- State legislature: Christian Coalition names Rich representative of the year - Sand Mountain Reporter
- Imperialist powers go into battle for spoils of Syria's revolution - Socialist Worker
- Kelley's law ready to make it through House - Sand Mountain Reporter
- Mission Impossible? - Natural Resources Defense Council (blog)
- HUFFPOST HILL - Scandals Keeping White House From Important Work Of Not ... - Huffington Post
- House committee endorses welfare law changes - Montgomery Advertiser
- 1: Strikes in Syria: MTP on the impact - NBCNews.com
- Committee approves welfare bills to drug test some recipients, prohibit ... - al.com (blog)
- Will Israel's air strikes set off a regional war? - Socialist Worker Online
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kerry Rich's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama House District 26
| Succeeded by|