|Massachusetts House of Representatives Seventh Bristol|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts|
Aguiar is a guidance counselor.
He is a member of the Azorean Cultural Society, Corky Row Club, Fall River Youth Soccer League, FR Racing Pigeon Club, Maplewood Independent Youth Baseball League, Massachusetts Mental Health Counselor Association, Massachusetts Teachers Association, and the Niagara Neighborhood Association.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Aguiar served on the following committees:
- Public Service Joint Committee
- Revenue Joint Committee, Vice Chair
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee
Aguiar was opposed by Alan Silvia in the Democratic primary on September 6. The vote tally was exceptionally close and eventually went to a recount. Despite some lingering questions from Aguiar's attorney, recount officials handed in the results on Friday September 14th declaring that Silvia had won by 26 votes.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Seventh Bristol District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Kevin Aguiar Incumbent||49.7%||2,127|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Seventh Bristol District (2010)|
|Kevin Aguiar (D)||5,042|
|C.J. Gerry (R)||1,777|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Democratic Primary Democratic Primary, 2010|
|Kevin Aguiar Incumbent||53.9%||1,955|
On November 4, 2008, Aguiar won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Seventh Bristol district. In this election he raised $39,253-; of that total $38,303- (97.6%) was from in state contributions and $950- (2.4%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Seventh Bristol district|
|Kevin Aguiar (D)||9,217|
|CJ Ferry (R)||2,206|
In 2010, Aguiar received $68,892 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Aguiar's campaign in 2010|
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$2,000|
|Tabacaria Acoriana Fundraiser Event||$1,810|
|Massachusetts Police Association||$1,000|
|Manning, Kevin P||$950|
|Total Raised in 2010||$68,892|
Aguiar raised $39,253 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$1,500|
|11 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kevin + Aguiar + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kevin Aguiar's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Kevin Aguiar
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Aguiar
- Herald News, "Unofficial results show Silvia defeated incumbent Aguiar by 7 votes," September 7, 2012
- The Herald News, "Rep. Aguiar's challenge of 7th Bristol District remains stalled," accessed September 17, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Secretary of State of Massachusetts, "2010 Primary Results"
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Bristol 7
| Succeeded by|
Alan Silvia (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |