|Ohio State Senate District 3|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Ohio State House of Representatives|
|J.D.||Capital University Law School|
|Place of birth||Defiance, OH|
Bacon represented District 21 in the Ohio House of Representatives from 2007 to 2011.
Bacon earned his B.A. from Miami University and J.D. from Capital University Law School. His professional experience includes working as an attorney for Farmers Insurance and as an enforcement attorney for Ohio Department of Commerce. Bacon has also served as a trustee for the Blendon Township.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bacon served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Justice|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Public Safety, Local Government, and Veterans Affairs|
|• State Government, Oversight, and Reform|
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Insurance, Commerce and Labor|
|• Ways and Means|
Prior to joining the Ohio State Senate, Bacon served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Consumer Affairs and Economic Protection|
|• Financial Institutions, Real Estate, and Securities|
|• Public Utilities|
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Ohio State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Star Johnson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Kevin Bacon defeated Kevin Solveson in the Republican primary. Bacon and Johnson will face off in the general election.
|Ohio State Senate, District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kevin Bacon Incumbent||78.7%||13,062|
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2010
Bacon was eligible to seek re-election, but decided not to. Instead, Bacon was elected to the Ohio State Senate in District 3. He was unopposed in the primary and faced Mark Pfeifer (D) and William Yarbrough (L) in the general election.
|Ohio State Senate, District 3|
|Kevin Bacon (R)||72,337||50.93%|
|Mark Pfeifer (D)||63,844||44.95%|
|William Yarbrough (L)||5,849||4.12%|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 21|
|Kevin Bacon (R)||27,494|
|Jay Perez (D)||24,073|
|Jeremiah Arn (L)||1,772|
In 2010 Bacon raised $738,240.
Listed below are primary contributors.
|REPUBLICAN SENATE CAMPAIGN CMTE OF OHIO||$370,642|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$126,065|
|RAGAN, GINNI D||$12,396|
|OHIO ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$7,500|
|Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio||$6,400|
In 2008, Bacon collected $340,127 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$34,842|
|DOLAN, LAWRENCE J||$10,670|
|DOLAN, EVA HAAS||$10,670|
|DOLAN, HELEN A||$10,670|
|DOLAN, CHARLES F||$10,670|
Bacon and his wife, Melissa, have three children. They currently reside in Minerva Park, Ohio. In May 2011, Governing Magazine named Bacon one of 17 "GOP Legislators to Watch." Each of the legislators was selected on the basis of qualities like leadership, ambition, and political potential.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kevin + Bacon + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Kevin Bacon," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Senate - Results for Democratic Primary: May 4, 2010," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Senate - Results for Republican Primary: May 4, 2010," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Senate - Results for Libertarian Primary: May 4, 2010," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio Senate: Results for November 2, 2010," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Republican State Representative: Results for Primary: March 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Democratic State Representative: Results for Primary: March 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Campaign contributions for 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
David Goodman (R)
|Ohio State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 21
| Succeeded by|
Mike Duffey (R)