|South Dakota House District 27|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Killer attended Oglala Lakota College.
Killer has served as Field Organizer for Senator Tom Daschle, Senator Tim Johnson, and Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth. He has also served as Treasurer of the Wakpamni District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Killer served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Killer served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Killer served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Kevin Killer and Anna Takes the Shield are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Elizabeth May is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Killer won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 27. Killer ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kevin Killer Incumbent||45%||3,698|
Killer won re-election to District 27 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Killer and Edward Iron Cloud III ran unopposed in the June 8 Democratic primary. Cloud and Killer also ran unopposed in the general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 27 (2010)|
|Edward Iron Cloud III (D)||2,560||52.61%|
|Kevin Killer (D)||2,306||47.39%|
Comprehensive donor information for Kevin Killer is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Kevin Killer raised a total of $27,364 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Kevin Killer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27||$3,145|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27||$10,762|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27||$13,457|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,364|
2012Kevin Killer won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kevin Killer raised a total of $3,145.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Killer's campaign in 2012|
|Act Blue South Dakota||$1,270|
|SD Ea Pac||$300|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$300|
|John M Peebles||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,145|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Killer received $10,762 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Killer's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Democratic Party||$7,500|
|South Dakota NDA PAC||$1,500|
|South Dakota Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists||$100|
|South Dakota Chiropractors Association||$50|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,762|
In 2008, Killer collected $13,457 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Majority Project||$2,500|
|Equality South Dakota||$1,500|
|Democracy for America||$500|
|Indns List SD PAC||$300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kevin + Killer + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 27
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Kevin Killer
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," March 25, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official results of June 8 primary," accessed March 10, 2014
- South Dakota State Board of Elections, "South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Sharer, William," Accessed September 27, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Kevin Killer," accessed March 10, 2014
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|