Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 13|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2|
|Date of birth||07/16/1944|
|Place of birth||New Jersey|
Lavan previously served as Mayor of Hazlet Township.
Lavan's professional experience includes working as a hiring agent at New York Shipping and warehouseman at Onyx Chemical. He served in the United States Army from 1962-1964. He earned his A.S. in business from Jersey City State University in 1976.
Lavan was a candidate for District 13 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He was defeated in the November 8 general election. Lavan and Patrick Short ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. Amy Handlin and Declan O'Scanlon, Jr. ran unopposed in the Republican primary. William Lawton and Frank Cottone are also running as Independents in the November 8 general election.
Lavan was endorsed by:
Lavan is widowed and has two children.
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 13," October 18, 2011
- Middletown Mike, "13th Legislative District Candidate Kevin Lavan Supports Unions and the Middle Class," July 27, 2011
- Raritan Journal, "Cullen, Lavan & Short Announce Intention to Run for New Jersey’s Thirteenth Legislative District," April 22, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Politicker NJ, "2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates," accessed August 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |