Kevin Ryan (South Carolina House of Representatives)
|Kevin R. Ryan|
|South Carolina House District 108|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Birthday||March 30, 1988|
Ryan graduated with a B.A. from Clemson University in 2009. Ryan interned for Governor Mark Sanford in 2009.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ryan served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Wildlife
Ryan did not run for re-election in 2012.
Ryan did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 108 (2010)|
|Kevin Ryan (R)||8,172||51.91%|
|Vida Miller (D)||7,549||47.95%|
Ryan raised $20,620 in the 2010 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|House Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Palmetto Patriot Leadership Committee||$1,000|
|Palmetto Business Council||$1,000|
|Palmetto Leadership Council||$1,000|
The Palmetto Liberty PAC Scorecard
The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, a conservative pro-limited government think tank in South Carolina, releases its Scorecard for South Carolina Representatives and Senators once a year. The Scorecard gives each a legislator a score based on how they voted in the two-year legislative term prior to the election on specific issues which the Palametto Liberty PAC thought were anti-limited government. "Most of the votes shown on the score card are votes that we lost. Now we can identify the Legislators that caused us to lose these votes. These Legislators are the ones who need to be replaced if we are to achieve the vision of having the most free state in the nation."
Kevin R. Ryan received a score of 33% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 14th out of all 124 South Carolina House of Representatives members. His score was followed by representatives Gary Simrill (33%), B. R. Skelton (33%), and Tommy Stringer (33%).
- Kevin Ryan campaign website
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Kevin Ryan
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- South Carolina general election results
- 2010 Campaign contributors to Kevin Ryan
- The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, "Voting Records," accessed April 11, 2014
- Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, "South Carolina Senate Score Card 2012," accessed April 11, 2014
- Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee: South Carolina House Score Card 2012, "House Score 2012 ranked draft," accessed May 21, 2014
Vida Miller (D)
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Goldfinch, Jr. (R)
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |