|Dr. Kim West|
Alabama State Senate, District 28
West earned her D.V.M. from Auburn University in 1996. Her professional experience includes owning and operating All Creatures Vet Clinic.
West said, "When government involvement is needed, we should use it as a limited tool to solve problems within the taxpayers ability and willingness to proceed."
She expressed that one goal of her candidacy is to reduce political corruption in Alabama. She said, "Democrats have controlled Alabama legislature for the past 136 years. We are now ranked the 4th most corrupt state in the union. Vote out corruption November 2, 2010."
She based her platform around six pledges, which are:
- I pledge to defend family values to ensure that the family remains sacred to our government.
- I pledge to defend transparency in our government to end costly corruption and to ensure fiscal accountability, free market principles and limited government.
- I pledge to defend a strong military to secure our borders and protect our families.
- I pledge to defend the sanctity of life and the Christian values on which this country was founded.
- I pledge to defend our children, senior citizens disabled individuals and our military veterans.
- I pledge to defend our constitution and state rights.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 28 General election (2010)|
|Billy Beasley (D)||28,619|
|Kim West (R)||12,033|
West was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
West is married to Mike West. They live on a farm in Auburn with their four children. Mr. West works for GE Healthcare. The family attends Lakeview Baptist Church.
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20110128155642/http://kimwestforsenate.com/Kim_West/Welcome.html Official campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from January 28, 2011.
- List of Republican candidates certified for the June 1, 2010, primary in Alabama
- Biography from Project Vote Smart