Kimberly Campbell Buck
|Kimberly Campbell Buck|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 72|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi School of Law|
Buck earned her B.A. from Mississippi State University, M.A. from Auburn University, and J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law. Her professional experience includes working as an adjunct professor at Belhaven College and as an attorney in private practice. She also served as a Policy Analyst for the Jackson City Council from 2005 to 2006, and was a law clerk for the Mississippi Supreme Court from 2001 to 2002.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Buck served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Banking and Financial Services|
|• Judiciary B, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• PEER, Chair|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
|• Universities and Colleges|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Buck served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Local and Private Legislation, Vice Chair|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Universities and Colleges|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Buck won re-election to District 72 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 72 (2007)|
|Kimberly Campbell Buck (D)||6,462||100.00%|
In 2011, Buck received $7,000 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kimberly Campbell Buck's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Coalition For Progress||$1,000|
|Mississippi Healthcare Association||$250|
|Tellus Operating Group||$250|
|Total Raised in 2011||$7,000|
|Total Votes received in 2011||6,891|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.02|
In 2007, Buck collected $34,975 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kimberly + Campbell + Buck + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Buck
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Kimberly Campbell Buck
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 72
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |