|Montana House of Representatives, District 77|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Burlington Edison High School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wagoner served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Parks|
|• Human Services|
On his website, Wagoner voiced opposition to any restriction on gun ownership except for criminals. On the subject of taxes, he called them "vital to [the] state and nation," but said that he did "not favor taxing certain products, industries, or individuals more than others or each other."
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Kevin Keeler was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 77 incumbent Kirk Wagoner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Wagoner defeated Keeler in the general election. Incumbent Edith McClafferty (D) ran in District 73.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 75 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kirk Wagoner Incumbent||60.4%||2,690|
Wagoner won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 77. Wagoner defeated incumbent Alan L. Hale in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Adam Lythgoe (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 77 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kirk B. Wagoner Incumbent||51.2%||865|
|Alan B. Hale||48.8%||824|
Comprehensive donor information for Wagoner is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Wagoner raised a total of $10,040 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Kirk Wagoner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 77||$8,350|
|2010||Montana House, District 77||$1,690|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,040|
2012Wagoner won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wagoner raised a total of $8,350.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirk Wagoner's campaign in 2012|
|Wagoner, Kirk B.||$1,077|
|Jefferson County Republican Central Committee||$500|
|National Right To Work Committee||$320|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,350|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kirk + Wagoner + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Facebook profile
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Kirk Wagoner for HD77 Republican, home page, accessed October 16, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Wagoner, Kirk B," accessed September 25, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Alan Hale (R)
|Montana House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |