|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 48A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A|
|January 4, 2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Bethel University, Saint Paul|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Stensrud is a small business owner.
Stensrud graduated from Bethel University with a B.A. in Business.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stensrud served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Yvonne Selcer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Kirk Stensrud was unopposed in the Republican primary. Selcer defeated Stensrud in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 48A, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Yvonne Selcer Incumbent||50.1%||9,600|
|Source: Results as of 3:28am EST with 100% of precincts reporting. Minnesota Secretary of State|
Stensrud ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 48A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Yvonne Selcer (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 48A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kirk Stensrud Incumbent||49.6%||12,256|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A (2010)|
|Maria Rudd (DFL)||8,582||49.66%|
|Kirk Stensrud (R)||8,689||50.28%|
In 2010, Stensrud raised $39,756 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|42nd Senate District Republican Party||$3,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Stensrud and his wife, Wendy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kirk + Stensrud + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 40A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Maria Ruud (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A
| Succeeded by|
Barb Yarusso (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |